Tuesday 20 November 2007

ist

I've been thinking about a number of different directions I could go in. I want to find a way of creating a font where its form is dictated by the process i which its made. For example, words scratched into stone are jagged and straight whereas, words drawn into the condensation on the window are rounded. I couldn't really think of other ways to go with that, it would be handy if words didn't always have to be initially made by a human, if they were sometimes just born or grew or something. After a while of taking photos of things i found interesting, i ended up just taking photos of rusted, decaying, worn out type. I like these and thnk i could go somewhere with them but i want to step back a bit fro the brief, this idea is too obvious.
To find a sign-writer that doesn't use a computer is practically impossible. There are about 3 in Brighton that do it occasionally but their main source of income is from computer based work.

No comments: